Sports – The current highest class utilising 30hp motors governed by a 555 cubic capacity limit aimed to be the pinnacle class in our event.
9.10 30hp Sports
Only one (1) engine permitted
Engine must be naturally aspirated (no forced induction permitted)
Maximum Capacity 555 cc
- Open in design and construction material
- Can be strengthened and modified for safety
- Custom seats permitted
- Must be fitted with sufficient floatation
- Engine trimming devices permitted
- Central keel and/or turning fins permitted
- Can be modified internally: eg porting, head shaving, pistons, reeds, flywheel, exhaust, cylinder boring.
- Original Engine’s parts (eg: Carburettor, Crank Case, Crank, Rods, Reed Block, Fly wheel, Head) MUST BE USED and be original ‘manufacturer’s specified’ for engine make and model but can be modified.
- Trumpets on carbies are allowed.
- Replacing standard head bolts with head studs is allowed.
- Piston, Rings, Reeds must be original ‘manufacturer’s specified’ for engine make and model or mass produced aftermarket equivalent for engine make and model (eg: Wiseco, Boyesen)
- Nose cones permitted
- Stabiliser fins on cavitations’ plate permitted
- No ‘one off ‘ custom manufactured parts to REPLACE genuine parts i.e. no minimum run for example 10 or 100 parts as this is not classed as mass produced
- Gear box may be fitted with two (2) holes on either side of gear box above cav plate with a maximum diameter of 35mm
- Fuel line from fuel tank to fuel pump is open to modification
- Alternative head gaskets may be used e.g. copper head gasket.
Cavitation Plate (all classes except 300cc)
- Cavitation plate height for all classes except 300cc is measured by placing a 1200mm straight edge 600mm forward of transom (as in picture).
- Cavitation plate must be lower than the top of the straight edge, on at least one side of the cavitation plate, when the cavitation plate is parallel with the hull.
- This measurement must be correct when the trimming device fitted is being used.
- Aluminium, Stainless Steel, Brass or Composite through hub exhaust ONLY
- Propeller modifications permitted
- Re-bushing of propellers permitted.
- Any fuel openly available to the general public.